Looking at getting married in the Summer months? Here’s a little guide to a Summer wedding at Thicket Priory…and of course some lovely images and videos for inspiration!
“We got married here on Saturday 3rd August 2019 and wow, what an incredible day we had. Thicket Priory is absolutely stunning with the most beautiful grounds. The staff were amazing and went above and beyond throughout the whole day, as well as during the run up to the big day. The team worked so hard to ensure that our day was perfect from start to finish. The food was also faultless. I would recommend this idyllic place for your wedding venue; you will not be disappointed.”
(Real Wedding Blog, HERE.)
Jo Lawrence Photography
5 Top Tips for a Summer Wedding:
1) Yes, you have chosen the summer…but ensure you have back up plans inside your venue if we get typical British weather! Summer is the perfect season for those strappy wedding shoes…but it’s good to have a ‘back-up’. At Thicket Priory we have plenty umbrella’s and wellies if you were to get showers on your wedding day, which by the way is a symbol of good luck!
2) Lawn games are a great idea during the summer months, great for guest photography, lots of smiles and laughter! F.Y.I. The bouquet toss is classed as a lawn game at a wedding!
3) It’s the Summer…take advantage of soft top cars and showing a little more flesh!
4) Provide sun cream…you don’t want your guests getting burnt!
5) Biggest tip of them all… don’t stress about the weather, this is completely out of your control…and to reference tip no.1, just make sure you have a wet weather back-up plan!
Dive into our ‘Top Tips when planning an outdoors wedding in England’ blog, HERE.
“From the moment you arrive there is the realisation that you are about to partake in a something very special. This country home has been beautifully restored to its original grandeur.
The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with various views of the gardens, orchard and lake. The bathrooms remind you of some of the finest spas. This was truly a stay that felt like you were stepping back to the Downton Abbey era.
Don’t think twice about signing on to a wedding or event at Thicket Priory that will create memories you will be talking about for a lifetime.”
5 Reasons Thicket Priory loves this Season:
1) The gardens are so wonderfully green! It is stunning for you; your guests and your photographers will adore it!
2) The tree swing, the orchard and the seating dotted around the grounds mean that you can enjoy space for ‘entertaining’ the entire time you are here with your guests. It is lovely to have 30 minutes to yourselves to enjoy time to take it all in! As an exclusive hire venue with all your guests under one roof, you have the benefit of guests all being taken care of on-site, but you do not have the added pressures of being the host 100% of the time. Thicket Priory takes care of your guests when you aren’t looking, it’s a very intuitive building (or that might just be the team seamlessly running the operations inside it!)
3) The summer sunshine which floods through every window and door in the summer only makes the interiors even more beautiful! From the Ballroom to the Buckingham Suite, one of our two master suites.
4) The Garden Wing of bedrooms really does thrive in the summer months making you feel like you are somewhere in the south of France, overlooking the green gardens and our private lake, yet all set in the heart of the North Yorkshire Countryside! What more could you as for at one of the UK’s top wedding venues!
5) The nature in the grounds, the trees, the flowers, the birds…and if you’re lucky the rapeseed oil in full bloom in the farmers fields either side of our driveway are all part of those moments you’ll remember forever, before you drive off into the sunset as newlyweds!
“What a beautiful venue and grounds! The whole place feels very warm and welcoming. The staff were amazing and were very understanding with our special dietary requirements. They simply could not do enough….
The grounds are simply stunning and has many great photo opportunities from the swing to the lake and everything in between.
The venue itself is beautiful! Very homely and tastefully decorated with details and little touches here and there which only adds to the charm of the place. All of the rooms are very nicely decorated, and each room has its own unique features, story and finishing touches.
The Ballroom and wedding / event areas are very well thought through and are a lovely back drop for anyone’s special day. The history of the priory only adds further to the charm and has a certain romantic feel to it.”
We cannot wait to hear from you, get in touch HERE.
Anna & The Thicket Priory Team